Are you a journalist with a passion to report on marginalised and underreported communities?
Information for Development Trust (IDT) is a non-profit organisation supporting journalists and the media to produce investigative content in Zimbabwe and southern Africa.
We are offering a new opportunity to investigative journalists who will closely work with communities to produce in- depth, fact checked and credible content so as to promote access to information on issues affecting local development within marginalised and underreported communities across Zimbabwe.
If interested, please apply to participate in this new investigative reporting project.
Young, female and non-Harare based journalists as well as those that have participated in our previous projects are encouraged to apply.
Selected journalists will go through a theoretical and practical training programme to enhance their capacity, skills and knowledge to produce compelling investigative stories. They will be trained on how to engage Community Based Organisations (CBOs) and Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in investigative news content production, election reporting, safety and security and gender inclusivity among others.
Successful candidates are expected to attend all the training seminars.
Applicants for the investigative journalism opportunity must possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- At least two years as a practicing and registered/ accredited journalist
- Preferably young (up to 35 years) and self-motivated
- Demonstrated interest and proven track record in multi-media reporting. Applicants must be able to provide at least three links to work that they have produced
- Possession of own equipment to produce investigative multi-media content
- Demonstrated interest in data reporting and multi-media storytelling
- Interest in enhancing gender inclusivity through story production
- Interest in reporting on marginalised and underreported communities
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria, please send your resume and application letter clearly marked “Community Project” in the subject box by Thursday, 19 January 2023 to email@example.com.
Applications sent after the deadline will NOT be considered.